Coloplast ranked as top individual medical device company.
In a study covering 18 leading medical device companies, patients rated Coloplast as number one in all six areas. The study was done by PatientView, an independent healthcare consultancy, and is based on feedback from 300 patient groups from 42 countries worldwide. The study looked at the corporate reputation of the medical device industry as a whole, and of 18 individual medical device companies. It used six indicators to measure each company's performance:
· Whether the company has an effective patient-centered strategy
Coloplast ranked first in all six of the study’s indicators. To read more about the study, go to patientview.posterous.com/123866702.
· The quality of the information that the company provides to patients
· The company’s record on patient safety
· The usefulness of the company’s products to patients
· The company’s record of transparency with external healthcare stakeholders
· Whether the company acts with integrity